Saturday, October 10, 2009

This May Not Be the Best Time to Do This, But...

...I need to detoxify. Remember Ritalin? It started making me feel too jumpy, so it had to go. While I was at it, I also quit taking Lexapro, which I've taken a minimal dose of for several years for low-grade depression and anxiety. Lexapro and Ritalin kind of worked together: the Lexapro made me sleepy and the Ritalin woke me up. Without something to balance it, the Lexapro just makes me way too sleepy.

So now I'm drug-free. Does this mean a depressed, non-productive winter is about to ensue? Oh fun.

I have an appointment with a naturopathic doctor in a couple of weeks. Maybe he can help me figure out some alternative remedies.

On a happy note, when I met with my advisor, she said that the 200-page minimum does include the bibliography, which I hadn't been counting on. She also suggested that I defend sometime in April. The definiteness of this gave me pleasant thoughts of having all this behind me, even though I'll have to bust my ass to get it ready in time.

No comments: