Saturday, January 15, 2011

Graduated

Sorry to leave y'all hanging as to whether I ever got those dissertation revisions turned in. As I was in the midst of doing them, a new project appeared in my life, a little earlier than expected. But luckily, I was able to do a rush job on the revisions, make the final deposit deadline, and even walk in graduation. It's a good thing, too, because this new project promises to be quite time-consuming. What becomes of the writing room? I hope to be in it again sometime, though not literally in the library study carrel, which I wish I could ritualistically burn down. Instead I started cleaning it out, returning all the books I had checked out for my dissertation. That felt good.

3 comments:

post-doc said...

Many congratulations on finishing one major project and beginning an even bigger one!

Leslie M-B said...

Yay! Congratulations on both fronts!

suzy pepper said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!