Sunday, May 3, 2009

Taking a Month Off from My Dissertation Is So Refreshing

April went by in a whirlwind of road trips, house guests, and that conference I had been helping organize. I think I saw and spoke to more people last month than in all the previous year, which had been dominated by lonely hours in the library study carrel. A good refresher for my social skills and general refresher in being human. Now I've come back to revive the wilting plants in the study carrel as well as my neglected dissertation.

Actually, looking at it with fresh eyes, I have new hope I can finish. I'd say I'm about halfway done, and it's been a year since I defended my prospectus. My secret hope is that I'll make the first deposit deadline of November 5th.

1 comment:

dissertation writing help said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.